Recently you might have noticed that your Yahoo news surfing activity is being posted on your wall. Back in September, at it’s f8 conference, Facebook announced a new kind of app, with the ability to use “frictionless sharing” — basically a fancy way of saying that users’ activity can be shared without users specifically clicking a “Share” button. Yahoo news Washington post news and many others are partnered with Facebook.
Below are step-by-step instruction to stop your activity being followed and further, stop posting it on your wall
1) Log in to Face book and click on drop down box (next to “home”) at top right corner
2) Click on “privacy setting”
3) Once you click “privacy setting”, you will see following screen. Click on “Edit setting” from “apps and website section”
4) Once you click “Edit setting”, you will see list of website and apps that can access your information and post message or your activities on their website to your wall.
5) Simple remove those annoying apps
6) That’s it. You are done.
Hope this helps. Enjoy!Tags: frictionless sharing, how to stop frictionless sharing, how to stop recent activity